Are you ready to take on our scenic tracks? Pack up your bikes or your running/walking shoes, your family and friends and get set for an exhilarating day out in the country followed by an artisan picnic lunch with us on Sunday, 20 September.
Whether you are looking for a training session for SANI 2 C (now taking place in December) or a unique outdoor experience with your family and friends, join us for a day out riding/ running or walking our trails through the indigenous bush, forests, grasslands and the sugarcane plantations of iNsingizi!
Shaking off ‘Rona details
- Date: 20 September
- Registration/ tracks open from 6:30 (all participants to be out by latest 9am)
- R200pp for any trail length (price includes a ride/run or walk and a scrumptious picnic pack – kids under 12 are half price)
- Fabulous lucky draw prizes to be won!
- Lunch is served picnic style so you can grab a spot and enjoy your meal anywhere around the lodge to adhere to social distancing protocols
- Live music – artist to be confirmed
- Our bar will be open for soft drinks/ alcohol and some yummy treats
Fun for the kids
To add a little extra fun for the kids, on the 7km route, ribbons will be tied along the trees, if a child brings back five ribbons, they win an exciting sweet hamper!
Ride distances to choose from
- 7km (Yellow)
- 8-10km (Blue)
- 23 km (Green)
- 43km (Red)
Picnic baskets include:
- Chicken liver pate
- Roasted beetroot hummus
- Selection of cheese and preserves
- Home baked flat bread
- Fresh veggie patch platter
- Meaty selection of BBQ chicken drummies and wings, honey and mustard roast ham and thinly sliced roast beef
- Italian – Deli green bean salad
- Grilled veggie salad
- Sweet treat box
- Mini cheesecakes
- Mini Dutch apple tarts
- Mini churros with chocolate dipping sauce
- Bottle of homemade lemonade
Please note that all government regulations will be adhered to. Masks are to be worn around the lodge and social distancing measures followed.